The Personnel Division of the City of Woonsocket has been established to provide all personnel-related support and services to our employees, retirees, departments within City Hall, and to the citizens of Woonsocket. This is accomplished by recruiting and retaining qualified individuals for employment; working proactively with the City’s labor unions; administering and maintaining employee benefits; developing and enforcing policies; and providing training programs that pertain to job performance, wellness, safety, and other areas. The Personnel Division maintains all personnel information for our employees, and provides other services as required.
The Personnel Division’s functions are as follows:
- To provide personnel related services to our employees, departments and the citizens of Woonsocket.
- To recruit and maintain qualified individuals for all City employment opportunities through the policies and procedures established in the Personnel Code.
- To respond proactively to all matters pertaining to the City’s labor unions; to handle all grievances in a timely manner.
- To administer and maintain all employee benefits.
- To administer programs related to training, workers’ compensation, safety, wellness and other areas as determined by the Personnel Director in consultation with Department managers.
- To handle all related functions pertaining to retirement from City employment.
- To perform all functions in accordance with applicable City, State and Federal Guidelines.
The City of Woonsocket is an Equal Opportunity Employer. There shall be no discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation or political affiliation.