FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 12, 2017
Contact: Blake Collins, email@example.com, office: (401) 762-6400 ex: 2963, cell: (508) 838-3371
Winter storm trash and recycling pickup schedule update 2/12
WOONSOCKET, RI: The Department of Solid Waste has announced that there will be no trash or recycling collection tomorrow, Monday, February 13, due to continued snow accumulation forecast for the region. Instead, trash and recycling pickup days will be pushed back one day. Trash and recycling collection for the remainder of the week will occur on the following schedule:
- Monday’s route will be picked up on Tuesday, February 14.
- Tuesday’s route will be picked up on Wednesday, February 15.
- Wednesday’s route will be picked up on Thursday, February 16.
- Thursday’s route will be picked up on Friday, February 17.
- Friday’s route will be picked up on Saturday, February 18.
Residents are advised to follow the following instructions to help assist in the trash and recycling disposal process:
- Please bring collection carts back onto your property and not leave carts on the sidewalk during the snowstorm.
- Please shovel the sidewalk or area in front of your house to place collection carts once trash and recycling pickup resumes.
- Please position collection carts 3 feet apart from one another and 3 feet away from telephone poles or fire hydrants.
- Please keep collection cart covers closed to prevent snow from accumulating inside – extra weight from the snow accumulation adds to the weight of the waste, which adds to disposal costs.
Please contact the Woonsocket Department of Solid Waste with any further questions or concerns at (401) 767-8880.