March 16, 2020
Contact: Deputy Chief Michael Lemoine; 401-767-8865 or [email protected]
Woonsocket, RI; In compliance with Governor Raimondo and Mayor Lisa Baldelli-Hunt’s declaration of emergencies to reduce the community spread of the Covid-19 virus, the Woonsocket Police Department will immediately implement the following changes to non-emergency police business.
- Individuals who present symptoms of illness should not come to the police department but rather call their primary care physician or the RI Department of Health Covid-19 hotline at 401-222-8022 for instructions.
- Suspend all VIN Inspection, BCI, and Finger Printing Services until further notice.
- Direct citizens to file non-emergency reports online at www.woonsocketpolice.com. An officer will contact the complainant.
- Requests for Public Records and reports shall be made online at www.woonsocketpolice.com.
- Accident reports can be requested at www.crashdocs.com.
- An accident number will be needed for this. Call the Woonsocket Police Department to get your accident number if it’s unknown.
We regret the inconvenience this may cause the public; however, these measures are necessary to ensure the health and safety to our community and Police Department personnel.