The MS4 permit includes 6 minimum controls requirements for how the city will manage its runoff stormwater program:
- Public Education and outreach,
- Public involvement/ participation,
- Illicit discharge detection and elimination,
- Construction site stormwater runoff control,
- Post-construction stormwater management in new development and re-development and,
- Pollution prevention/good housekeeping for municipal operations.
These requirements involve almost every department in the city. As part of the program we are developing an inventory of the stormwater infrastructure across the city on a watershed basis (with help and guidance from Fuss and O'Neill Technologies, LLC).